My Inspirations and Opinions about Albion Online
I was Inspired to share my thoughts and opinions due to recent topics. As some of my opinions might not fit exactly the way I would like them to in Sandbox Interactive's vision for Albion(Casual Friendly), maybe my opinions might spark a better more compromised idea? As always, I am just trying to help.
Disclaimer: These are my thoughts, my opinions, not entirely new information. Matter of fact I am sure you could probably run a search and find me saying some of these things almost a year ago. But since they are being brought up again, and with new changes to the game, here they go again.
As I see it, a good baseline starting point before testing would be something like this.
Max Group Size : 5 Players
Max Raid Size : 4 Groups
Max Guild Size : 100 Players
Max Alliance Size : 3 guilds
Friendly Fire: Turned On (Note: Can Knock Down but CAN NOT execute guild members or alliance members.)
Max Group Size:
- As it is now, allows for the development of challenging and competitive PvE and PvP content.
- Apply Friendly Fire; to anyone outside of Group or Raid.
Max Raid Size:
- Allows for the development of challenging and competitive PvE and PvP content.
- Allows for more strategic calling and field organization in both PvE and PvP content.
- (Generic Example) Group 3 Push, Group 4 Flank, Group 2 and 1 close off exits.
- Apply Friendly Fire; to anyone outside of Group or Raid
- Also, helps to define what a Zerg is. (Anything larger then a Raid)
Max Guild Size:
- Adds a Layer of annoyance to guilds that's naturally desire is to Zerg.
- This would aide in changing the thought dynamics and perspective of new and old guilds as they now have a ceiling. This ceiling will act as a motivator with the idea that limited seating is available and one must preform and/or stay active in order to keep their slot.
- Goes in conjunction with Max Alliance Size in the aide of defining and preventing Zergs.
Max Alliance Size:
- Similar to the purpose behind Guild Size, This forces tougher decisions on leaders when picking allied guilds.
- This also adds a layer of annoyance to those trying to work around the system in place. So if a guild wants to form 3 guilds of 100 and create an alliance with them they are still capped at a 300 member alliance.
Additional Thoughts and Opinions:
- Zergs and Friendly Fire.
- My opinions below, no need to fact check.
- Zergs are the bane of Competition.
- Zergs spoil fun for not just competitive players but for casuals and new players alike.
- Friendly Fire is the bane of Zergs.
- As mentioned above, (Note; Can Knock down but CAN NOT execute guild members or alliance members.)
- Guilds need a real perk system.
- Maybe an Albion themed tier system style perk system.
- Alliance Perks:
- A different type of Perks then those of Guild Perks.
- Currently there isn't any perk for being in an alliance other then friendly fire being turned off and a simple chat option.
Guild Management Tools:
- One of the most important features to me and one of the most lacking in the game.
Josephn0703:Very nice work, cheap gold, thank you very much
Lganairportcar:Excellent albion gold work done by upalbion.com definitely will work with you guys in future as well, strongly recommended.
Edward:Quick and easy trade with this friendly guy. A+++